My grandmother introduced me to this world that was " taboo " I was not left alone with her alone very often. It was best I not be exposed to what was " taboo". Certainly was not allowed to talk about it. I was young and had no idea I should be paying more attention and taking notes. She would read coffee grounds in the bottom of a cup, read from a regular deck of cards, gather roots, leaves etc and looked for signs. I was told not to listen to her.
I was in my late teens when I was visiting her and asked her to read the cards for me. She told me three things would happen that week. The first was that I would be stopped by police, second was a friend was on a very long trip and I would find out about it the middle of the week. I don't remember the third one except that it did prove true. I was stopped by police the very next day on my way back to college, the tail light Of my car was out. The middle of the week I got word that a friend, serving in Vietnam Nam, had been hit with shrapnel , transported to a hospital in Japan, and was now on the way to Walter Reed. No way this could have been known. From then on I was a believer. Still didn't really understand.
It was still "taboo" and I didn't know anything else except the ladies with crystal balls in movies, gypsies, fortune tellers etc. Never heard the word medium. Certainly had no idea that I would ever have a connection with another realm.
My awakening, connection, awareness and understanding began about ten years ago when I met a medium who owned a natural health store. I went in to get some vitamins. She approached me and as she approached she gasped and reached for her chest. I asked if she was alright. She answered " yes but you aren't ". She then basically told me my life, the disabilities of my children, the heartaches of my life. She then apologized saying she usually didn't do that because in this town people would run her out thinking she was a witch. She explained she gasped because she could feel the pain in my heart. I was intrigued as all she told me was accurate. I still had no idea where this would lead.
We became friends and I listened and learned to pay attention. Things began to happen that I had no explanation for. I was becoming aware but didn't trust my gut. There have been others that have helped me on this journey, more about that later.
My life was still in turmoil, I was just existing, moving through time without peace and without joy. I began to read, look, listen. Then I had my first experience that I KNEW was not my imagination.
I always knew I had strong gut feelings but didn't know what it was, where it came from or how to use it. That changed. I don't claim to be a medium. Messages have come through animals, dreams, and just knowing. I have received a few messages for other people and they proved accurate. I don't know who was more amazed, me or them. I know my grandmother is smiling with pride as she says " yes, you are like me". I also know she is guiding me on this journey. It is about awareness and trusting.
Will see you tomorrow to tell you about that first experience. It will be followed by other experiences that gave me understanding, changed my life and lead me to peace and joy.
.
Congratulations on your awakening and making it this far in your journey with hope in your heart. I can't wait to hear more of your story. Peace, love, and groovyness.
ReplyDelete